Happy 2018 Happy Campers!!
Here’s to a brand new year filled with happiness and lots of camping trips, and may it be an awesome year for you and your family!
Sadly we didn’t go camping during December but we did visit KwaZulu Natal and the Durban region. We went on a few day trips in and around the city which I will tell you all about on the blog. Like most people, we celebrated Christmas with some family time and eating way too much, and I wanted to share with you the recipe for a delicious Oreo Cream Cheese tart that I made for our Christmas dessert.
Oreo Cream Cheese Tart
Serves 8 – 10
1 pack of Oreo cookies (crushed)
2 packs instant pudding (vanilla flavour)
500ml smooth cream cheese
3 cups of milk
1 cup of icing sugar
250ml cream, whipped
- Using a big bowl and a beater, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar for 2 minutes together, until it’s got a creamy texture
- In a separate bowl, mix the instant pudding with the milk for 3 minutes together until it thickens.
- Combine the two mixtures together in the bigger bowl and beat them for 1 minute, until everything has blended together.
- Lastly fold the whipped cream into the mixture.
- Now you start layering the crushed Oreo cookies and pudding mixture, by starting with a layer of crushed cookies at the bottom of a large glass, and following it up with a layer of pudding mixture.
- Continue layering the mixture and the cookies until you’ve used up all the pudding mixture and sprinkle either finely crushed Oreo cookies or rasped chocolate.
- Cover with cling wrap plastic and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour